Orange County Government. Board of County Commissioners. 201 South Rosalind Avenue
County Commission Chambers. 1st Floor. County Administration Center
TUESDAY, DECEMBER 18, 2012
MEETING STARTS AT 1:30 p.m.
• Invocation - District 4
e Pledge of Allegiance
• Presentation of a resolution to Thomas Ackert
• Public Comment*
I. CONSENT AGENDA
A. COUNTY MAYOR
1. Confirmation of the following managerial appointments: Kathleen "Kathie"
Canning as Executive Director of the Convention Center and Rodney Gutierrez
as Manager of Sales and Event Management at the Convention Center.
B. COUNTY COMPTROLLER
1. Approval of the minutes of the October 16, 2012 meeting of the Board of County
Commissioners. (Clerk's Office) Page 20-53
2. Approval of the check register authorizing the most recently disbursed County
funds, having been certified that same had not been drawn on overexpended
accounts. (Finance/Accounting) Page 20
3. Approval of a within-year adjustment to the Supervisor of Elections FY 12/13
monthly draws due to the General Election and the unanticipated recount
expenses that came in the first quarter of the new budget year as follows:
(Finance/Accounting) Page 20
a. December 2012 Supplemental Draw $900,000.00
b. Monthly draws (January-September 2013) $396,956.68
·Pursuant to Section 209 of the Orange County Charter, as amended on Nov. 4, 2008, the Board of County Commissioners
must sat aside at least 15 minutes at the beginning of each regular meeting for citizens to speak to the Board on any
matter of public interest under the Board's authority and jurisdiction, regardless of whether the public issue is on the
Board's agenda, but excluding matters that are not appropriate for public discussion, such as pending procurement or
land use issues.