Orange County Government .. Board of County Commissioners. 201 South Rosalind Avenue
County Commission Chambers. 1 st Floor 8 County Administration Center
TUESDAY, OCTOBER 8, 2013
MEETING STARTS AT 9:00 a.m.
• Invocation - District 5
• Pledge of Allegiance
• Public Comment*
I. CONSENT AGENDA
A. COUNTY MAYOR
1. Confirmation of the appointment of Corn ita Riley as Director, Orange County
Corrections Department. Page 17-23
B. COUNTY COMPTROLLER
1. Approval of the minutes of the August 27,2013 meeting of the Board of County
Commissioners. (Clerk's Office) Page 24-53
2. Approval of the check register authorizing the most recently disbursed County
funds, having been certified that same had not been drawn on overexpended
accounts. (Finance/Accounting) Page 24
3. Disposition of Tangible Personal Property as follows: (Property/Accounting)
a. Dispose of asset that was totaled out by our Third Party Administrator for
its $89,843 salvage value.
C. COUNTY ADMINISTRATOR
1. Confirmation of Commissioner Clarke's appointment to the Lake Anderson
Advisory Board of Kenneth Carlson, Stephen E. Butler, and Joann Nelson with
terms expiring December 31, 2013 and David M. Harding and James M.
Reynolds with terms expiring December 31, 2014. (Agenda Development
Office) Page 55
·Pursuant to Section 209 of the Orange County Charter, as amended on Nov. 4, 2008, the Board of County Commissioners
must set aside at least 15 minutes at the beginning of each regular meeting for citizens to speak to the Board on any
matter of public interest under the Board's authority and jurisdiction, regardless of whether the public issue is on the
Board's agenda, but excluding matters that are not appropriate for public discussion, such as pending procurement or
land use issues.