|ANIMAL SERVICES TRAINING OFFICER
Job Code: 2037
Pay Grade: 015
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
||This position is responsible for developing, coordinating, administering and overseeing standardized training programs for Animal Services Field and Kennel staff. Includes development of training schedules and hands on day-to-day/one-on-one new hire training, classroom training, ongoing education and Florida State Statute required continuing education units for all staff. Analyzes and implements assessment methods to determine training and development needs.
This position will also serve in the capacity of a Senior Animal Services Officer, with full supervisory responsibilities as dictated by Division needs.
|Representative Duties /Assignments|
- Develop and implement a field and kennel officer training program to include classroom exercises, competency exams, etc.
- Conduct on-the-job training activities with new hires that will require advanced practical knowledge of all kennel and field officer duties.
- Serve as Senior Animal Officer as needed.
- Develop and maintain current standard operating procedures for officer activities in kennel and field operations.
- Organize and conduct mandatory continuing education training as required by the State to maintain officer certification.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
||Graduation from high school or equivalent; four (4) years working experience, with three (3) years experience as an Animal Services Officer, the remaining experience working with the public resolving problems/complaints, dealing with enforcement related issues, or supervisory experience. Supervisory experience can be substituted for two (2) of the three (3) years experience as an Animal Services Officer. Ability to communicate clearly both orally and in writing. Ability to follow and understand procedures.
Must maintain a home telephone number and possess a valid Florida Driver’s License. Work will involve evening and weekend shifts.
Within six months of hire:
Successfully complete a mandatory forty (40) hour Animal Control course as required by Florida State Statute
Successfully complete Orange County Animal Services Officer training course
Successfully complete a sixteen (16) hour Chemical Capture course
Possess State of Florida Incinerator Certification, or successfully complete training and obtain certification
Within one year of hire:
Successfully complete a sixteen (16) hour euthanasia certification course
Previous training experience.