A to Z index
Follow us on
Search our site
Return to Home Page
Fertilize Responsibly Brochure
Fertilize Responsibly Poster
Find out about our Florida yards and neighborhoods program
Homeowner Fertilizer Application Online Course Quiz
1. You must have a citizen application certificate in order to apply fertilizer on your yard in July.
2. Only fertilizer with zero (0) phosphorus should be used on a typical lawns.
3. Apply fertilizer to the edge of lakes and wetlands.
4. Florida soils do not have enough phosphorus, so we should use fertilizers with phosphorus.
5. A deflector shield is not needed if fertilizer is distributed with a broadcast spreader.
6. Fertilizer granules that spill onto the driveway do not need to be swept up.
7. Contact Orange County Animal Services to learn about soil testing.
8. The best rule of thumb is to use the whole bag of fertilizer for your yard.
9. A good time to fertilize is when the weather forecast calls for heavy afternoon thunderstorms.
10. Nitrogen and phosphorus from fertilizer runoff can pollute lakes and streams.
11. My lawn is too small to make a difference, these rules don't apply to me.
*A physical location or address is necessary for this certification to be considered valid.
County Commission (BCC)
Animals & Pets
Culture & Parks
Emergency & Safety
Employment & Volunteerism
Families, Health & Social Svcs
Jail & Inmate Services
Neighborhoods & Housing
Permits & Licenses
Planning & Development
Traffic & Transportation
Water, Garbage & Recycling
311 Help & Info
Copyright © 1996 - 2016 Orange County Government, Florida. All rights reserved.